Professional Development: Strategy & Tactics for Improved Leadership Webinar
Every leader is a teacher and every teacher is a leader. Using tactical decision-making exercises as a platform, Phil Jose will help you to improve your Leadership and Teaching skillsets. Discover the power of a questions-based approach in both endeavors. Guided questions provide excellent learning opportunities for your students. Your improvement comes through by attaining the skillset to ask questions effectively. Learning how to ask questions in the tactical training environment builds the skillset you need to see the power of questions. As an instructor asking the right question at the right time provides your student the best opportunity to learn. As a leader asking the right question at the right time provides you the information you need to take your organization to the next level. Phil has developed the skill of a questions-based approach for leaders and teachers. He has presented at major and regional conferences on the topic. Use this opportunity to explore a new skillset in your development as a Fire Service Leader or Teacher.
- Understand the connection between teaching and leadership.
- Understand the value of a questions-based approach.
- Understand the concept of question types including open, closed, and leading.
- Understand how to formulate questions to achieve learning objectives.
- When asking question, understand the listening process.